Okay well some of you may know, I purchased a car from carmax less than two years ago; they are supposed to be good cars, right? WRONG. This car has been nothing but trouble and issues since I got it. Within 26 days of owning the car I was already back letting them know it was having some issues, it squeaked near the passenger door, my brakes did not feel like they were working right, the ride was VERY bump as if I had no suspension and lastly my sun roof button no longer worked to open it. Fantastic. They repaired all that under my limited warranty of course for free and provided me a rental car for free, that was nice. Well after that I was like cool! My car is good to go now.
HA! Jokes on me... Found a bleach stain then under the passenger seat, the hell? Then my trunk decided it is going to make scary noises when you open it and not close about 90% of the time. I went in to see what the repair for it would cost... $100 for the part plus labor. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?! I had been a not so proud owner for less than 3 months by this point. Oh why not add in that the automatic shift stick in the middle, my button to push in to shift is broken and likes to fall off, that was since I got it back from the shop. Nice right? While on a side note, it also doesn't like to shift every now and then. Exciting for sure. I then proceeded to replace my wipers for the windshield, and again about 4 months later... then again 7 months later. Well okay I give up, streaks be it, apparently my car destroys wipers. Rock on.
Well I have now learned to turn the music up to tune the annoying squeaking out, shift without the button, play games with the trunk in order to get it to stay closed, and ignore the bleach stain they left me. Move to Arizona November of 2012 thinking my car is working fine... Well that was an error on my part. Had to then replace the tires cause they were bald and the shocks cause they were blown, in April of 2013. Tires, okay I can understand that, but my shocks?! What next I was thinking... Go to work in different states, car still is riding bumpy of course unless there is a lot of weight, same with the squeaking. Guess what, I weight less than 120, I don't add much to the car. So continuing to deal with the squeaking and bumpiness, I go back to Arizona in the end of June 2013. Took my car to the shop to just get a quick look over, turns out my rear bearings are basically gone... Wonderful, I have NO money to repair this! I am making payments on the car which cost less than all these repairs.
I luckily had a mechanic friend who got my rear bearings replaced for $140 for me, nice guy. I had to pay him over the duration of 2 months due to having life bills plus car payments on a vehicle that is cost more to repair than to purchase. So after this lovely adventure in less than two years of owning the vehicle, I move back to Utah. Car is doing okay, wait, just kidding. The heater now does not work, thermostat had to be replaced... Cool. Oh well guess the sway bars were bad too, replacing those fixed the bumpiness of my ride. Gee go figure.... The squeaking is still there although. Well okay, there is another $330+ in repairs, which is more than my monthly payments almost by double. Then less than two weeks later, come to find out we must replace my entire steering column system due to it breaking, not allowing me to turn easily, I was manually turning the car with no aid. Oh boy was that a workout! Alright that is the latest repair plus a new serpentine belt... $550+ there. HOLY COW. Are you kidding me car?!? Why must you suck... I maintenance it regularly, keep the oil changed, check my fluids, keep my oil filter changed, clean it regularly, have seat covers, so forth... I take care of my cars; apparently this one is trying to kill me although.
What a frustrating car my friends... If you have any advice as to what to do with my lemon, please help! BTW I have put less than 20k miles on it since I got it and changed the oil now 5 times. That is once every 3-4 thousand miles. Always making sure I change it before it gets too brown and still has a slight hint of honey color to it.
No comments:
Post a Comment